Spring Medical Group
Unit 9, 131 Henry Parry Drive
Gosford, NSW, 2250
Unit 9, 131 Henry Parry Drive
Gosford, NSW, 2250
Spring Medical Group is a BULK BILLED GP in Gosford. We are open 7 days until 7 pm. It is a hybrid general practice providing emergency medicine, minor trauma, injury care and image and pathlogy services.is a hybrid medical practice designed to provide health care services to the residents and visitors of the local communities on the Central Coast NSW and beyond. It aims to provide care in:
• general practice
• emergency medicine
• minor trauma and injuries
services to patients in a quick, safe and timely manner, on the same site.
Our mission is to provide medical care of the highest standard to all people of all ages, as well as the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and visitors. We respectfully acknowledge the traditional owners of the land where we practice.
The practice is an innovative bulk billing practice that offers services more than your usual medical center and may save you the long wait at the Hospital Emergency Department. You will benefit from the following:
Below are some frequently asked questions (FAQs). If you can not find the answer ou are after, please contact us and we would be happy to help.
It is a place where you can see a GP and or an emergency specialist, as well as get your tests, treatment, observation and if necessary, get a referral to another specialist, under the same roof.
A GP (General Practitioner) is a specialist in family medicine who looks after you from birth to old age. He has training in all the medical conditions that may affect you like breathing problems, heart conditions, mental health, pregnancy and related conditions, chronic diseases like diabetes, hypertension, kidney failure, adolescent health, sexual health and Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Health. He is also able to assist you with referrals to another specialist when you need one.
• If you need to see a GP you are welcome.
• If you need to register with a GP, you are welcome.
• If you are visiting the town and need to see a Doctor
• If you have an emergency that may not require a hospital admission, you may attend.
• An emergency that requires treatment and short observation or short admission like mild asthma, gastro, mild to moderate chest infection etc may attend.
• If you have an emergency that requires hospital admission and is “NOT LIFE-THREATENING”, you will be seen by the emergency specialist or a GP and stabilised before you are assisted with transfer and referral to the local hospital emergency department.
• People with minor injuries and trauma, skin conditions mental health problems (acute and chronic) may also attend the SMG.
If you have a severe or life-threatening illness or life-threatening injury such as loss of consciousness, cardiac arrest, severe bleeding that cannot be controlled, severe difficult breathing, sever chest pain, or major accident please call 000 or attend your local Emergency Department.
We are open form 9am to 7pm, Monday to Saturday and 3pm to 7pm on Sunday.
Outside of these opening hours, you may contact the National Home Doctor Service on 13SICK.
If it is an emergency, please dial 000 now.
Yes. You can have you blood test and x-rays at PRP on William Street, which is 5 minutes walking distance from SMG.
There are a few pharmacies and chemist within a walking distance from the location of SMG.
• Wound care and wound management
• Suturing of wounds
• Excision of small lumps and skin lesions
• Sprains and management of minor injuries
• Intravenous antibiotics
• Intravenous fluids
• Aspiration and drainage od boils and abscesses
• Relocation of minor dislocations
• Plastering for fractures
• Treatment of acute and chronic pain
• Pain relief
• Joint injections
• Ventolin via spacers
• Oxygen treatment
• Iron infusions
• Foreign body removal from eyes, ears, nose and under the skin
• Ear syringing
• Cryotherapy (freezing of warts and skin tags)
No. Most of our patients will be seen and treated within 30 minutes of registering at the reception. If it is going to be longer than 30 minutes, you will be advised accordingly.
We are at Unit 9, 131 Henry Parry Drive. We are in the Park Plaza and it is 2 doors down from the Service NSW office. We are between the intersection of William Street and Erina Street with Henry Parry Drive.
- Dr. Gabriel Akra
- Dr. Oluwajolatanka Oguns
- Dr. Siddhart Kamble
- Dr Alison Brown
- Ashleigh Harding (RN)
- Montana Cleveland (EEN)
- our practice's billing principles
Yes. We are a BULK BILLING practice. Our consultations and most services are bulk billed.
However, if you need special procedures that Medicare does not pay for, you may have to pay a fee. Also some fee applies for influenza (flu) vaccinations for people not eligible under the NSW guidelines as outlined in https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/immunisation/Pages/flu.aspx
For non-Medicare patients, the following fees apply:
- Standard Consult (Less than 20 minutes): $50
- Long Consult (20-40 Minutes): $70
- Prolonged Consult (More than 40 Minutes): $90
- Initial Worker's Comp (Standard: Level B + Initial Certificate): $128
- Initial Worker's Comp (Long: Level C + Initial Certificate): $195.30
- Pre Employment Medicals (Level A - Basics Up to 6 pages): $120 + GST
- Pre Employment Medicals (Level B - Large over 6 pages): $160 + GST
Our practice's communication policy, includes when and how we receive and return telephone calls and electronic communications
All information collected by this practice is deemed to be private and confidential. The right of every patient is respected.
We utilize phone, SMS, letters, fax and email to communicate.
We endeavor to respond to any form of communication within 48 hours of contact. We would respond to calls within 24 hours if the call is received within our our opening hours.
Our practice's policy for managing patient health information complies with federal and NSW privacy regulations including the Privacy Act 1988 and Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 as well as complying with standards set out in the RACGP Handbook for the management of health information in general practice (3rd edition).
Under no circumstances are members of the practice team to discuss or in any way reveal patient conditions or documentation to unauthorized staff, colleagues, other patients, family or friends, whether at the practice or outside it, such as in the home or at social occasions. This includes patient’s accounts, referral letters or other clinical documentation.
General practitioners and other practice team members are aware of confidentiality requirements for all patient encounters, and recognize that significant breaches of confidentiality may provide grounds for disciplinary action or dismissal.
We value your feedback - positive or negative. If you have a comment or complaint we would like to hear about it.
We want to hear from you if you have a complaint. It is important that we have an opportunity to resolve any problems. It is preferable that you talk to your doctor in the privacy of their room. You may also talk to the practice manager or receptionist. You may request to speak in the privacy of a room. Alternatively you may write to the doctor or to the practice manager.
We would strive to resolve a complaint. However, if you wish to take the matter further or simply feel that you need to discuss with someone outside the practice, you can contact the Health Care Complaints Commission at:
Locked Bag 18, Strawberry Hills NSW 2012 or by calling 1800 043 159 or (02) 9219 7444.
We certainly love to hear compliments – they encourage us to strive to do better!
Please contact the reception staff on 02 4380 8200.